While we feel sad, moody, or even very upset, some people experience these feelings regularly. Depression is more that feeling sad, these symptoms can lead to much more intense conditions. Most people suffering from depression tend to hide it away from others, which is not ok, telling someone is the best cure to depression.
What is Depression?
Depression is a serious issue, and more than 264 million people suffer from it around the world (https://who.int /news-room). Depression can make you feel sad and angry for long periods of time. It also affects your ability to concentrate and consider situations thoroughly. Your feelings are the key to your thinking, so if you feel negative you will also think negatively. Negative thinking and feelings of sadness and angriness can mean you lose interest in the things you usually enjoy. But depression is treatable and the sooner you seek support, the better.
How to deal with depression
If you feel sad and think that you worthless it is best that you try to think about the things that make you happy. Sometimes just taking deep breaths can help.
- A balanced diet will make your mind healthy and stop you feeling sad regularly. Eat foods high in vitamins and minerals.
- Remember to have a good sleep. Having a good sleep means your mind has enough time to readjust, helping you stay happy and reduce your stress levels. Have at least 10 hrs of proper sleep, so that your mind can adjust.
- Exercise. Exercising at least 30 minutes a day will help you feel good and maintain your health. Jogging and Bicycling are good examples of exercise.
- Talk to someone you trust. Tell someone you trust that your feeling sad and overwhelmed, let them know how they can help and sometimes that is enough to make you feel better.
- Don’t give up. Overcoming depression is hard, but not giving up will help you to feel that you can do it!
Remember to keep trying to beat depression, don’t make yourself feel weak, and never give up!
Come back here to see more updates and all my new posts! Stay Bright and Happy!
xoxo – The Sunshine Blogger
Use this QR Code to access this post from different devices ▼▼