This is a short poem I wrote about being what you want to be and nothing else~
"Just Be You. You can do anything they want you to do. You can turn down your voice and follow their dreams, but in the end, that just wouldn't be you. They say you're an imperfect reflection of their perfect impression, but you're not. You're waiting for the day that you'll unlock those chains and fly free. You can be what you want to be. Nothing can stop you, just keep on running that race, forget about those thousand-word essays that are due. Just Be You."
Being you doesn’t mean finding a hundred ways that you are imperfect because there is no such thing as perfect, the real truth is nobody is perfect, not even those supermodels on tv. Everyone has scars to show their journies, big or small. Some people try to cover up their journey with plastic surgery and make-up, but really, that journey is still inside of them. There are a million people and a million things that you can be. But, just be you, because everyone else is already taken.
Here are 25 positive self-thoughts to help you know you are amazing, you are smart, you are beautiful and that you are never ever alone.
- No matter what I have done, and what I haven’t done yet I am always worthy of love.
- What others say do not define who I am.
- It’s not about WHAT happens, it’s about how I react and what I do.
- I do what I love, and I love what I do.
- My life is a story and no one else can hold the pen.
- Every day, I find things to be grateful for.
- I am everything I want to be and more.
- If I can dream, I can do.
- Today and everyday I choose to be happy.
- Today and everyday I release all the negativity.
- I make peace with what I can’t control.
- I forgive myself.
- I am strong and I am powerful.
- I am enough.
- I am brave and I will go after what makes me happy.
- I am proud of who I am and all that I have and will accomplish.
- Today is going to be the best day.
- I strive to have a growth mindset.
- My past does not define my future.
- I choose to step outside of my comfort zone and do the unthinkable.
- I release all doubts and insecurities about myself.
- I have the power to create the life I desire.
- My possibilities are endless.
- I am doing my best and I am trying my hardest.
- Out of all things I admire myself and what I have become.
Try and read these to yourself every day, then think of 10 things that make you, you and write them down where you can see them. I hope you know you are all of these things and more ^^
Stay Bright and Happy!
-xoxo The Sunshine Blogger
Use this QR Code to access this post from different devices ▼▼